Snapdeal is India’s top e-commerce marketplace which sells various kinds of products and has over 50 million downloads since launch. I was a Lead Product Designer at Sanpdeal, where I was responsible for the redesign, to incorporate interaction design and to bring more users to the app.
Below is the case study on how I used data to redesign the app, introduced new features, gamification and finally leading to an increase in users retention.
I was the lead product designer for the e-commerce marketplace platform. I worked alongside my head of design, product managers and researchers in a cross-functional team while managing and mentoring product designers.
I raised the standard for what users should expect from Snapdeal with a focus on creating high-quality interaction design and greater consistency through a new design system.
- Redesigned the Snapdeal app with design sprints, mapped user journeys, designed wireframes, created polished visuals, prototypes, and introduced interactions, animations in the redesign while improving the customer-centered user experience.
- Responsible for the conceptualization of upcoming features, storyboarding, creating prototypes with smooth interactions, improving the user experience, and Interface design at Snapdeal.
- Lead the UI/UX efforts for the organization, setting design direction, driving discussion, participating in delivery, planning, and coordination efforts.
- Crafted the best UX solutions based on customer feedback and business goals while considering the core brand look and feel.
- Created high-quality UI deliverables based on UX goals and priorities, including annotated wireframes (low fidelity to high fidelity) followed by production-ready final mockups.
- Mentored the design team with new skills such as micro-interactions & the latest tools through training.
After ideas were wireframed, I moved to design those ideas and see how the whole thing is coming together. I used Sketch to design the screens.
We explored a lot of Chinese apps to find out how they handled their products for so many users.
Open Sans Regular 32pt
Open Sans Regular 24pt
Open Sans Regular 16pt
Open Sans Bold 14pt
I used Open Sans font on this design,
Here is the final designed layout for the APP.
Redesigning the Snapdeal App
Scroll to read the case study outlining the process I used to design the app in line with the user interests and drive the buyer conversion rate.
- On analysis of data, we found out that the major problem was the home screen’s low engagement and low user retention.
- The home screen wasn’t as personalized to the user as it should be.
- Buyers were bouncing after adding their products to the cart.
Designing UI Elements
After ideas were wire framed, I moved to design those ideas and see how the whole thing is coming together. I used Sketch to design the screens. We explored a lot of Chinese apps to find out how they handled their products for so many users.